IsAggregatable Property - Analysis Service

Q:- I want to hide All in my dimension. How can I do it? Is it good to do it?

Ans:- In Analysis Service we generally see all dimension has All member. This is because of IsAggregatable property of the attribute. You can set its value to false, so that it will not show All member.





Its default member for that attribute. If you hide this member than you will have to set other attribute value to default member else it will pick some value as default and this will create confusion in browsing data if someone is not known to change in default member.


Its good to use it in ParentChild dimension where there is one root member in the hierarchy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. I have a parent-child dimension but with more than one root. My problem is that every time i extend a branch i can see the parent node exists as a child as well. You can't see this while browsing the cube, only by viewing the dimension members. I'm not quite sure if IsAggregateble will sort this out. Can u help me with this?

Muhammad Hassan said...

I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers Property Maintenance

George said...

good read,found more information available HERE for anyone who is interested it really helped more a more in depth look, good site btw real estate agent

Post a Comment

Popular Posts