SQL server basics/job interview questions Part 2


From Simon:-

Hi I want to get collation of my server. How can I get it?


Answer:-
You can run sp_helpsort to get it.
Also from Management Studio right click on server name -> properties.
Here in general tab you can get sever collation.

====================================================================
From Simon

Thanks Amish. I want to get description of some collation. How can I get it.

Answer:-
You can use fn_helpcollations function.
select * from fn_helpcollations()

==============================================================
I want to get compatibility level of database. How can I get it?

Answer:- You can get it from sys.databases table.
Also you can get it using sp_helpdb proc.
====================================================================








1 comment:

Alex said...

nice one

Post a Comment

Popular Posts